Tuesday, December 6, 2011

a small part of my day

There is a quiet stretch of highway winding its way through the mountains, running alongside rivers and railroad tracks,

where there is absolutely no signal.

No cell phone reception. No service to reach Pandora. Not even enough antenna strength to get in a single radio station.

For those three minutes as I drive along, twice a day to work and back, I breathe. I remember the world still exists even without constant connection. Sometimes I worry about getting a flat tire or breaking down on the side of the road and having to walk the long distance to the closest gas station (and in the rain and snow this worry is multiplied), but mostly

I'm able to love this small -- yet powerful -- part of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?