Thursday, July 7, 2011

lunch hours

Sometimes I wish there were better places to go and friends to do things with during my lunch hours in the sleepy town I work in, like sushi places or bookstores or downtown parks with spaces for group picnics.

But sometimes I don't mind making do with what I have, like the cool, quiet library and the state forest up the street and the pretty neighborhoods all around.

One day this week I happened to have my camera with me, and I sprawled out at the picnic table by the river in the state forest all by myself, writing and planning and snapping up these photos.


by the rivernoon light through the leavestree by the riverhenna tattoosunlit tree topssunlit tree topslounging about on lunchblurry me

1 comment:

  1. perhaps there isn't sushi....but this little place is absolute perfection. and while it isn't a bookstore....it is a book. a big one. an open one. begging you to come read the next chapter. every day.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?