Friday, July 15, 2011

what i would like to remember about this day.

gin and tonics to myself

It's more than possible to create the kind of Friday night I want, to allow myself the permission to ignore what I feel like I should be doing, and instead buy the smallest bottle of gin the liquor store offers and be my own bartender and make lists of my life goals while watching reruns of The Office and painting my nails. And feeling better about all that after stumbling upon this.

Addendum for those who I know will wonder: This is not to say I don't enjoy other types of entertainment on Friday nights--this is not to avoid anything or get out of some obligation. My heart simply wanted this, and I listened.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love savoring those sorts of "doing my own thing" evenings. Hope you're feeling recharged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is something magical about just taking a step back and romancing yourself. It definitely makes you feel good.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?