Thursday, September 22, 2011

solo trip to the beach.

new london beachgulls at the shorebaby gulls!connecticut shoreat the water's edgecoastline of connecticutsurging waves over my feet

In that moment, it feels like little more than driving myself to the beach for the afternoon and sitting on an old yoga mat I found in my trunk since I forgot a blanket or towel and journalling and eating and having the day to myself.

But now I think it was about more, more about gifting my future self with that day, that sensation, and having it at times like these when it's gloomy and everything feels falling apart and I want nothing more than to cuddle in bed with my cancer-ridden cat and never get up.

Yes, I'm trying to remind myself that it was more.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said and I think I now want to head to the beach {solo} !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should! I'm really convinced there's not much better than savoring the beach solo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds so nice and peaceful. perfect for sorting through thoughts and getting some time alone.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?