Tuesday, June 12, 2012

a moment of stillness

As I stand here, on the precipice of change, my line drawn and looming large before me, I'm appreciating these days of stillness and (somewhat) sense of norm before everything changes. Before my life as I know it begins to take another shape, looks different and feels different, becomes more of what I want it to be.

I'm appreciating things like my old lunch break spot, that I hardly ever frequent anymore now that I've cut back on my daycare hours. A few weeks ago I realized it was still there for me, as forests usually are, and I've begun stopping in for a few minutes after work, here and there, before I hurry home and begin an afternoon of working from my desk.

As soon as my car rounds the turn into the dirt road, my body instantly feels at peace. The trees, the river, the birds that had become so familiar to me in my days of working up the street welcomed me back like I had never left.

I wanted to capture that stillness, to remember these days fondly even when I no longer frequented this space. And so I'm sharing it here with you. 


a moment of stillness from Ruth Clark on Vimeo.

5 comments:

  1. I loved your video Ruth - what a special place it is. The water looks so inviting - made me wish I was there - thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is a special place -- the energy there is intoxicating. I want to bottle it up and take it with me :)

      Delete
  2. oh how amazing. thank you for that moment, i definitely took some time to breathe into that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?