Thursday, October 27, 2011

things are changing.

Things are shifting. Change is afoot, waiting to make its mighty entrance.

I can feel it.

Can you?

The sun is in Scorpio now and my cells must be remembering when I first came alive, under this sun and during this season, almost 24 years ago now.

It is remembering.

Last week I decided to take myself for a long walk through the sunny woods, and as I was making my way up the hill from the field beyond my parents' house, I nearly stepped on a massive garter snake, frozen in the leaves. Time stood still and he stared up at me with bulging, beady eyes and as soon as I screamed and tried to change my step just an inch to the right (almost falling over), he slithered away through the dry leaves and vanished. As soon as I recovered from the fright (I can't remember the last time I ever saw even a tiny garter snake in this yard), I had a good laugh. I went inside, flung open my copy of Animal Speak, and read this:

           Anytime a snake shows up as a totem, you can expect death and rebirth to occur in some area of your life. This rarely reflects an actual death but rather a transition. Look for a change in conditions and a movement to new life. . . . . It can also reflect that your own creative forces are awakening. The stimulation of the kundalini usually has physiological as well as spiritual consequences. Physiologically it can activate the sexual drive, bring more energy, etc. Spiritually it can stimulate greater perception of how to apply your insight and intuition. Your own vision and and intuition will become more accurate.

Of course. Of course. Transition, rebirth, new life, applying intuition. Of course.


The desire for recalling my gratitude for the previous days has strengthened. Somehow, it feels extra important right now to be remembering these things, these tiny little slivers of everyday life that are actually huge, revolutionary moments to be stored away in my brain. This feels SO important.

Two days ago I forgot to write these things down in my journal, and instead listed them mentally as I fell asleep. The next morning at work, a father of one of the children in my classroom gave me this: (Ashley, my coworker, received one also)


And with this heartfelt (and so random!) thank-you note, we each got a gift card for coffee and apparel from the university where he works.

Talk about being grateful and getting more in return, eh?


The Universe is just astounding me these days. Things are changing. Things are shifting. Things are moving.

Things, good things, are coming.

2 comments:

  1. I always find it beautiful what can happen when we start with graditude. I've been needing to do this more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect way to put it. Sending you love :)

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?