Monday, March 5, 2012

bits of life.

snowy indoorsbaby maebelvalentine's tulipsstill afternoonbeets, red and goldenrising march moondinner at trumbull kitchenmary, rachel, drinkssilent snow and icy branches

Here,

wandering, musing, finding, being.

Distinguishing between fear of letting go, and fear of space and freedom.


Tomorrow starts the first day of less daycare hours and more writing hours. I've been waiting so long to cut back on the amount of time I spend in that classroom, and tomorrow is the start of it being cut by ten hours per week -- I'm going from about 35 to only 25. (Eee! Ten hours less! This feels monumental.) By doing so, I'm able to accept more freelance writing, resulting in less hours worked and more money earned.

When the moment is right, it can feel like the whole Universe is opened up to you :)

10 comments:

  1. Your little dog is so adorable!! I just want to give him/her a big hug,haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee, thanks Amber! I usually do too :)

      (Except when she's just pooped on my rug.)

      Delete
  2. Yay! So glad you can finally start to ease into this change! Love the pictures and I'm seriously jealous of your cute puppy and your snow! The weather here has been nothing but ridiculous - 70 degrees one day, 32 the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, isn't this season weird?! We got that one snow in these pictures, but it's almost all melted by now. This week is supposed to be in the 60s! I'll take a few inches of snow even if it's all we're getting this winter, though!

      Delete
  3. that is incredible!! congrats on taking that huge step!!!!!!
    Maebel is soo cute! I adore her so much! I hope you decide to keep her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the switch to more writing, I'm so happy for you!

    And I just sat and stared at that picture of Maebel for a solid 2 minutes - she is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Rachel, you crack me up. I can't believe I got her to sit there still long enough to even get that photo!

      Delete
    2. Your writing is wonderful and the pictures amazing. Are you SURE you need to get rid of that poor baby girl?

      Delete
  5. congrats on stepping towards your dreams. lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?