Tuesday, March 13, 2012

moving along.

setting sunsetting sun

The days are growing longer.

The light is staying later, now.

I'm growing fuller, stronger, wiser, truer.

I feel myself being topped off, filled up again with my wisdom: listening to my body and my Wise Woman, following my intuition's sweet-scented trails, moving slower and more deliberately, accepting only absolute truth and richness into my life, devouring the healthiest blogs and books and sounds.

Usually, the beginning of a new menstrual cycle for me is a challenging time. I often find myself fatigued, upset, triggered, sensitive, disconnected. I usually feel angered by this, mad that my body could be betraying me in this way, mad that a whole week out of every four is spent wasted.

This month though, I feel different. I feel the same fatigue and upset and triggering and sensitivity and disconnectedness, and yet.....it feels.....easier. Ease-ier. Like a natural rhythm of sorts, like this is just how my body wants to be right now. And the ease-iest solution?

Listen to it. Get into pajamas at 3pm if I want. Make 8:30pm my declared bedtime. Only do the bare minimum to get through every day. Drown myself in water and tea. Move even slower. Give myself permission. Eat what foods feel good to me. Make Project Period my first priority.

Perhaps it's the arrival of spring here in New England. It may not last, but the sunny weather and warm temperatures and open windows and general optimism in the air is enough to soak up and hold onto as a talisman of our future, not far off, coming whether we believe it possible or not. Perhaps my body senses this, and senses that the hardest of winter has past, and is feeling warmer and more optimistic, too.


Here's hoping new seasons and daylight and changes are greeting you in your part of the world, too.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?