Wednesday, March 28, 2012

in my life...

afternoon light + prayer flags on my bedroom windowblooms in late afternoon

...I've been learning and practicing big lessons, more and more. Movement! The wheels have been turning for some time, and yet they're just beginning to turn enough to create movement.

sliced orangesbackyard afternoon buds in the spring sky

I'm planning a big blog relaunch, to go live April 9th. I've loved this space in the three years since I started blogging, but it doesn't feel like an easy, college, get-your-thoughts-out-onto-the-screen outlet anymore. Instead, I want to transform it into a sacred online sanctuary. I want it to feel hopeful and magical and beautiful, and I want you to feel that, too. Ruth Writes doesn't serve me in that way, anymore. So on with the new.

(And, secret: this new website will actually be the completion of my very last project in the Creative Goddess e-course. Which I started in August! But the very last project in the course is a big one, and it's just been taking me some time. And! If you're thinking of trying the course or joining the Goddess Circle, a new group starts the Creative course together in the Circle on April 1st, this Sunday. This is one of Leonie's most popular courses, and I can totally vouch for that. Join, join! See my post on the Circle here.)

scratchy puppybaby dog + my feetlicky pup

I'm contemplating a bigger blog post about this coming soon, but Maebel update: After a lot of thinking and mulling and grieving and battling and crying, I decided that Maebel needed a new home. I couldn't give her what she needed, and she couldn't give me what I needed (or rather, what I expected to get). I came really close to handing her off to a stranger who could care for her, but in the end, my parents decided they'd keep her. So, she's still around and growing like a weed, but she's not my sole responsibility now. So far, it's working out perfectly. Not even four months old yet and tripled in weight!

puppy poses

I'm planning to explore acupuncture and herbs and naturopathic medicine for a variety of reasons soon (I already am, actually). Anyone have any experience here? I've dabbled in the herbs and alternative doctors before, but never acupuncture -- I'm a little nervous! I've been thinking about trying it for months now, and now I feel like it's time to make it happen. I love hearing others' stories, so if you have any, share in the comments!

hawks circling over the backyardmossy logpinecone

Carmella and I were talking recently about a topic that I can't stop thinking about lately: being and owning and embracing the person you've become. Compared to who I was in high school, or in college, or even just a year or two ago, I've done so much changing and growing and transforming that I wouldn't even recognize myself. We decided that sometimes that can make us look like we're living fake lives or trying to be people we're not, but -- it's the exact opposite, really. It can be scary to try new things and develop new interests and live life in a very different way, but to us -- it's the only way to live. So we're embracing our new selves. Yes.

steeping teapot

3 comments:

  1. Wow,I can totally relate to this. So I have to say "thanks"! I'm contemplating letting my little Maggie go to a new home (I just got her back,too.) It's so strange and yet,amazing,how you can change from one year to the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sending you so much support, Charlotte. It was a huge decision for me, but was about way more than just realizing I couldn't take care of a dog. Best of luck to you, thanks for commenting here :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see the launch!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?