Tuesday, July 20, 2010

my dear nana

One of my very favorite pastimes is digging out old photos and getting lost in the past for hours. While in North Carolina visiting my grandparents last week, we couldn't help but uncover mounds of old albums, dust off the covers, and dig in.

Since scanning wasn't an option, but forgetting about all these great old photos as soon as I landed back in Connecticut wasn't either, I took pictures of the pictures.

And I'm so glad I did. Isn't my Nana stunning? I was absolutely born in the wrong decade.


nana on the sofanana on the phonenana on the sofanana

Not to mention, my grandfather (the photographer) was pretty great, too.


And how sweet were their five kids?

mom and sibssilly girls
My mother's the silly one in the middle. (!)



Go drag out those dusty albums and share your old photos, too! I'd love to see :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh, these are absolutely beautiful, the sepia is just fantastic! And yes, she was a lovely lady, what gorgeous keepsakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. My grandmother looked exactly like Judy Garland when she was younger, I love old photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. how great!!! I'm currently on heavy scanning of my old family pictures!! I always enjoy going through them

    this are beautiful pics :) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these! i love women from back then. they make me feel strong and beautiful knowing they made me who i am today! this was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTEST PHOTOS! I love looking at old pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to mention the old Family Bible from 1866 that they pulled out of nowhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure what's more impressive- how glamourous your nana was, or what an amazing photographer your grandfather was!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such gorgeous photos! your nana was a stunner :)

    i love going through photos with the nanas. there are so many stories to be shared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing these! I love your Nana's style.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?