Wednesday, July 21, 2010

what I've been up to

Since this is my second-to-last-week of my AmeriCorps term, I've been spending my afternoons refilling my water bottle at the water fountain over and over again, and perusing the site Choosing Raw.

And good thing, too, or else I wouldn't have found this fantastic recipe for almond milk--that's right, homemade almond milk. And all that leftover almond pulp? Perfect for banana nut bites, nothing wasted.

almond cookie + almond milk

Vegetable-heavy dinners have been recurrent on my menus, happily.

wednesday dinner

My newly-cleaned cats have reacquainted themselves with my newly-cleaned room, and I've found them snoozing on my bed ever since.

blanche

When I was little, I never understood the importance of a garden. All I knew was that it was summer vacation and weeding was not on my to-do list. But now--I can't get enough of the basil, tomatoes, onions, and more. (Although, that might have something to do with the fact that I haven't done a minute of weeding in years.....oops.)

basil, onions, tomatoes

And of course, nights without white wine and Julia Child (I'm addicted!) just wouldn't be complete.

julia + wine



Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.

7 comments:

  1. I love this post. It's so... fresh! For lack of a better word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another fabulous post full of fabulous photos. I love your cat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice week :)
    and those pictures are beautiful!
    thanks for sharing

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore that last shot. the focus + content...lovely!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. homemade almond milk is the best! love these photos! and i adore those pictures of your grandmother! so so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos and ahh I just love everything abuot what you've been doing and enjoying! What a precious cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a delightful week!!!
    and your veggie heavy dinner looks DELISH!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?