Saturday, July 24, 2010

saturday night

cb

Babysitting for one baby on a Saturday night comes with Chinese takeout and dips in the pool and air conditioning and rented movies and peace-and-quiet after 7pm.

I thought it sounded grand. But now--it's not so grand. The Chinese was tasty and the pool was refreshing and the A/C is nice and the movies are entertaining and the peace-and-quiet is to die for. But my Saturday night just isn't as spectacular as I was hoping it'd be.

It's like Christmas morning, once you get to the year when Santa's not real and there aren't as many presents and you wake up and it's light out already.

Some things just aren't as enchanting, anymore.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry it wasn't as fun as you were hoping. Though honestly, Chinese, AC and a movie sounds spectacular to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess all those things being on your own are not that fun!

    hope you have a great sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey that sounds like a wonderful saturday night to me! getting paid to eat take out and swim in the pool?? i'll take it! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww I'm sorry it was dissapointing. Hope you enjoyed it at least a little. SMILE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always do the same thing -- plan a relaxing evening at home, and then it ends up not being as relaxing as i had hoped (or worse, i decide i was more in the mood to do something exciting. haha)

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah! i feel your pain! i am forever fantisizing about one experience or another---always making it so fabulous in my mind---only to be disappointed. it makes me thankful for the everyday, unplanned that always seems to put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?