Tuesday, May 1, 2012

may intentions.

late afternoon sun 

Oh my. It's May. I'm feeling mixed emotions of joy, and excitement, and overwhelm, and trepidation, and possibility, and fear.

How is April over, already?

I just completed a month of Joy Up-ing with Hannah Marcotti's online group, the Joy Up tribe. It was so wonderful. And joyful. And perfect. We've had emails from Hannah every morning, soulwork assignments each week, a private Facebook group for connecting -- it really did fill my month with JOY.

And now here's May, looming before us. The Joy Up is over (though the FB group is still open and I still plan on frequenting it) and my month focused on joy is no more. As it ended, I began to feel sad, lost, confused. I realized this was a familiar place for me -- letting my fear take over and immediately going to a place of "what do I do now?" I felt like I didn't have anything holding me up anymore, like all of a sudden I was alone again and didn't know which way to go next. And the movement all stopped. A very familiar place, yes.

And so I'm setting an intention for May, a new word to guide me this month. It only took me a minute to let it come to me, and it came perfectly naturally: STRENGTH. I'll recall the word and it will remind me that

I'm stronger than I think.
I can make my big dreams happen.
I have a whole bag of tools I've acquired for when I need help. 
I'm not alone.


This whole season feels big and scary and transformational. I feel like May is going to be chock full of changes and challenges and surprises and now

I feel like I'm ready for them.

I have my joy, and I have my strength.


strength

2 comments:

  1. "I am strong" was my mantra during the Cherry Blossom. I can vouch that it really works!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?