Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ponderings. . . . .

Women have been multitasking for centuries. Are men incapable? Is it really that hard to stare at picture after picture of some random person's Facebook photos from 2006 while answering a simple question posed by an actual physical person standing right next to them?

This whole "F My Life" business--pathetically funny or desperately offensive? Is it really so bad that your dad says you still have baby fat, when there are wars and recessions and suicides and slavery going on?

Last night I heard two gunshots followed by screeching sirens ten minutes later. The doors were double-checked and any sounds heard outside were monitored closely. I thought I lived in Connecticut?

It's the third day of spring. It's 40 degrees outside. Whhhyyyy does God tease us so?

How come AmeriCorps feels the need to seemingly require one standard application, only to spite its applicants with a pop-up window consisting of a second and sometimes third application that might as well be shouting, "Ha ha, you absurd fools! Try getting into our program now!"

3 comments:

  1. oh, and even though this is an old post, I wanted to comment and say: did you really, i mean REALLY just realize men canNOT - NNNOOTT - multitask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I really just realized it. In the back of my ever-so-compassionate mind I thought maybe there was an ounce of multitaskingness that men are capable of, but alas, it is not so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope none at all. god forgot to install that software upon manufacturing.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?