Saturday, June 25, 2011

healing.

closed bud opening bud

:: trusting that my body is healing, all in its own time

:: remembering that this is the time for resting, for cuddling with the cat, for watching movies and reading magazines, for taking painkillers without feeling guilty, for loading up on liquids and moving through my days slowly

:: knowing that this nose surgery I've decided to take on will all be worth it, that soon I'll be able to breathe freely and fully and feel more energized and full of being

:: thinking of how many people go through similar experiences, except without the knowledge that in the end they'll be alive and well

:: feeling thankful for dear friends who come by with baskets of get-well goodies (teas and a mug, a DVD and candles) knowing it will make me feel the teensiest bit better

:: hoping that with the new-found balance inside my nose, I'll find balance in other areas of my life, too

7 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful attitude :) Good luck with it all!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely take it easy! Recovery from surgery is always harder than you think it'll be - it's amazing what it takes out of you. Hope you find yourself truly on the mend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, girls :) I can always count on my readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time here and I am in love with what I see. Wonderful photos, lovely writing style. So sorry that you are not feeling well but it sounds as if you have a good head on your shoulders and are looking at the positive side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Teri! If you scroll down past the circular buttons, you should see my followers and a "follow" button. So glad you stumbled here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ruth! I didn't know you had your surgery! I thought you had postponed it! I had a little something for you while you were recovering.. lol.. I guess i will have to give it to you next time i see you! Hope your recovery is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?