Monday, June 6, 2011

weekend.

mountain skyirises in full bloomthe front door never usedflowers at the kitchen sinklauren at the campfiresmores by the firein a tent beneath the trees

Remember when I said one of my June intentions is to learn more about an Ayurvedic approach to PMS? Well, one thing I've been working on is giving my body enough energy and support and rest the week before my period in order to do its thing. 

But this weekend I sort of forgot all that. I completely let other things (albeit fun things!) take priority over giving my body extra sleep and giving myself permission to say NO. So when Sunday night rolled around, I was cranky, exhausted, achy, nauseous, and just plain overdone. Not the best end to a weekend. (Today I may have asked for the afternoon off and came home to take a 2-hour nap...)

Besides feeling icky, this weekend was full of loading up on yummy produce, working on bridal shower invitations, camping down by the pond (we never knew bullfrogs could be so disruptive!), finally seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1, and shooting my very first PAID event (more to come on that). Hurray!

I hope your June is promising lots of smores, flowers, good books, and summery nights, too :)

5 comments:

  1. Your photos are stunning as always!

    x

    ps: i hear you on the nap front! I'm being kinder to myself lately and indulging in naps whenever I need them, which is surprising a lot of the time! I do feel better for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping! I haven't been in ages and I have a plan to go with my mom and sister this summer - can't wait! And can't wait to hear about your first paid photography event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the top 3 or 4. the really colorful ones... love 'em. look up sally man. she's one of my favorite photographers!!!! http://www.pbs.org/art21/artists/mann/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first photograph so much. It makes me think of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds absolutely incredible!

    congrats on the job :)

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?