Wednesday, June 15, 2011

these days.

growing cosmoshanging to drybirthday cake batterbirthday cakesaturday nightsaturday nightcreating pomsready to garden

These days have been spent

giving my body time to recover, realizing just how much a sickness affected me,
foraying into the earth, watching seedlings burst forth,
catching up on cleaning and laundry and even using the clothesline,
being so, so grateful for instant Netflix episodes of The Office,
spending time in the kitchen, playing with rhubarb and preparing for a birthday,
kicking into super-bridal-shower-planning mode, envisioning and purchasing and creating,
dreaming of my own living space as friends move on to theirs,
and mentally preparing to go back to work tomorrow (after my days off that were meant for surgery, but got interrupted by sickness).

I'm liking these quiet, still days, for me, before schedules get busy and summer truly arrives.

4 comments:

  1. this is a very intersting post! especially the 'dreaming of my own living space as friends move on to theirs" because I was having very similar thoughts today of my own.
    Wonderful photos as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. each one of these photos is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. quiet days can be so nurturing. I am particularly loving any ones that I get. I hope you are recovering nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post! I hope you have a full recovery soon.

    I love the line "foraying into the earth, watching seedlings burst forth"-- it has such rhythm. Right now I am trying coax some Thai basil clippings into growing some roots so I can properly plan them.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?