Thursday, December 23, 2010

a better view

decoration from my mother

I told my mother the view from my bedroom window was too boring--no festivity, no decoration, only a huge evergreen. Let's put lights on that too, I told her.

Don't be silly, she said. Years ago we could place a star on top, but now it's grown to over twenty feet high. Impossible.


A week later, she's decorated a small section of it, just a small part I see through my bedroom window. Baubles hang from its branches and ribbons blow in the breeze.

It, and that simple act, make me smile.

9 comments:

  1. That is soooo sweet! I'm so glad you shared a photo. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post, and that view and your mom's thoughtfulness. sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a mom for you :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post made me so happy!
    and i think that is an incredible view with or without the decor - soo jealous!!

    i hope you have a merry christmas and holidays, ruth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such heartwarming story~ your mom is the best!
    merry Christmas*

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?