Friday, December 31, 2010

christmas.

So once again I've completely stopped posting out of fear of what I'd write.

Because I knew exactly what I was going to write.

Christmas was lovely (I love the season probably more than is healthy), but Christmas Eve I found myself at the grocery store wishing to invite myself home with the sweet old woman buying bagels or the gentleman in the parking lot unloading party goods.

It's propelled me forward to see more clearly what I wish for my future. And holding back tears in the grocery store on Christmas Eve wishing to go home to parties with complete strangers is not on the menu.

There. That's settled. (Sometimes typing that out is the hardest part!)

Nevertheless, Christmas Day was entirely peaceful. Family stayed over until long past they usually do while we played board games, listened to Christmas music, ate exorbitant amounts of dessert, opened gifts, and lit Christmas sparklers in the cold.


table settingsrachel on christmasthe old christmas switchplateready for christmasmulled wineornament hung with carethe sibs (james, rachel, mary, ruth)cranium of course


2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas. And as usual, LOOOOOVE your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, love the self-portrait, you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?