Friday, December 3, 2010

sitting still

Last night I dreamt a great, yellow moon rose up along the roadside as I drove through the middle of the night. I slowed the car to a stop as I pulled my camera from my bag.

Hoping to get a better view, I let my foot off the brake a bit and crept forward along the roadside just a bit. I raised the viewfinder to my eyes.

Only, the moon began to dissolve.

Confused, I let my foot off the brake a bit more and, as I crept further down the road, the moon grew a little clearer. I lifted my camera to try another photo.

Only, just before I could snap my shutter, it went on dissolving again.

I crept and crept further down the road, wishing I had just stayed in my original spot, watching the moon crumble and then come together only to crumble again, until at last there was nothing left of it at all. Just a black hole, matching the sky, in its place.



I sat back in my seat, defeated, moonless. I wished to be in that original spot again, where the moon was round and full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?