Thursday, May 26, 2011

still blissed out

We arrived early. We hugged. We gushed about the goings-on of each other's lives that we haven't caught up on in months.I just love Steph.

IMG_1805

We watched Brandi. She was amazing. But you already knew that.

brandi carlile, 5/25

Then we thought we'd wander over to the merch table to see if we could spot her signing CDs, without waiting in the miles-long line.

brandi carlile, up close!

Turns out, we positioned ourselves in just the right spot off to the side of the table to find ourselves standing SIX FEET from her as she looked right at us and smiled. We were mesmerized. (Okay, okay--we were dorkily star struck. But can you blame us?)

brandi carlile, up close!

Back to our seats we went so as not to miss a single second of Ray Lamontagne. He was mind-blowingly, fantastically, soulfully astounding, per usual (this was my 4th time seeing him--I'm considering becoming a groupie . . . ha!).

ray lamontagne, 5/25

I blogged about a performance once here, but I think every time I see him he gets better and more . . soul stirring. Yes, that's it. I sat with my hand clasped over my heart for the entirety of the performance and just soaked him all up.

ray lamontagne, 5/25

It's the morning after and I'm still blissed out. He just came on my Pandora station and I might have jumped up and started singing, recalling last night.

I'm thinking of getting in my car right now and following him to his next tour stop? Maybe some day. I miss him already.

**I had my camera battery all charged up and ready to go, and then forgot it at home. I brought the camera, yes, but with no battery. Luckily, I had my mom's little Canon PowerShot with me to snap these photos. I was so ready to try out my 75-300mm lens and really see him, too. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to go to another show soon :)

1 comment:

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?