Monday, April 23, 2012

dinner party.

dinner party dinner party


Wow -- a week with the house to myself flew by with more busy-ness and chaos than I ever thought. Everyone's back home now, things are back to normal, and I'm wishing for more time alone. Yet it was a good week spent doing lots of space clearing, organizing myself, playing with puppies, and hosting dinner parties. I feel rejuvenated to start this next week, now.

Friday night a few good friends came over for my first real dinner party. I lit candles and arranged flowers in the backyard and served spinach pesto lasagna, roasted vegetables, and lemon asparagus. We drank lots of wine and talked for hours and I couldn't help but stop and look around me and think, This is the life I have created for myself. 

 It wasn't the perfect dinner party and there are so many things about where I am in life that I could dwell on sadly, but instead I'll just settle with the thought: This is the life I have created for myself.

It was a good night.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a marvelous night, and things don't always go perfectly, but I love that it is the life you have created for you, perfectly said! :) LOVE that evening glow picture of the wine!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?