Wednesday, December 9, 2009

o christmas tree.

I love Christmas. A lot. If I could celebrate before Thanksgiving without feeling too guilty, I would.

However, I'm back home living with my family, and they're not quite as Christmas-crazed as I am. Our tree isn't up yet, decorations are hardly out, and there's not nearly enough Christmas music playing as I'd hoped for.

Alas, I now have one tiny bedroom to call my own, instead of a whole apartment at school. But that didn't stop me from putting up my own little tree. And a stocking. And lights. So maybe the bulbs are big as the branches, but that's okay. It's just a tiny plastic tree with cheap ornaments and my one hanging elephant from South Africa, but this little guy makes me smile.


Take that, living at home after college!

PostScript:

Maybe it sucks to be living at home, but it sure doesn't suck that I now work in an elementary school. Today's our first snow day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo jealous of your snow day! I hope it's all still there when I come home on Friday. And your tree looks much cuter than mine, even though it's the same one :( Mine looks semi-disabled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i ;must admit it made me smile too. Maybe its the way i read it but its cute.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?