Monday, June 28, 2010

awkward stage

Dear Jannalyn,

Aren't you glad we got out of our awkward stages?


j&r awkward stagesj&r awkward stages


To commemorate this fateful time, I made you some Muddy Buddies, hurray!

muddy buddies!


I'm so glad you come back "home" now, to play cards and drink made-up-cocktails with me every night,

five crowns


and for even bringing your sweet little pup with you.

morey

Let's go through many other stages together, okay?

Love,
Ruth


Tell me: do you look back on your awkward stage fondly?

7 comments:

  1. hahaha so cute.

    and muddy buddies?!?! i am in LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ruth,
    FIRST of all, those pictures of me are beyond embracing. Aren't you glad you had me to make you look half way less awkward? Gah! with those dreadful baby-poop green sweat pants!
    ... If ONLY the pup were as sweet as he looks....
    I can't WAIT for this weekend!!!! :)
    Many more phases, I promise.
    Love,
    Ja

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmI think I do. Some of them at least. They make us who we are I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i look back more and more fondly as the years between awkward and now continue to grow! seriously... i was one awkward 12 to 16-year-old, but growing out of that helped form who i am now. and the friendships made in the midst of awkward are some of the best i'll ever have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes think I'm still in my awkward phase, actually ;)

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?