Thursday, January 6, 2011

there are days like these

foggy evening

.....when I can only find respite in long hot showers, listening to nothing but the streaming of water onto my head and over my ears and down my body, every other noise and voice and distraction seemingly nonexistent, when I want nothing more than to stand in this water all night long and through the morning and perhaps (wishfully) throughout the entire weekend.

Days like these are bound to happen, no matter the work to avoid them, I suppose.

4 comments:

  1. I love this. It describes me when I'm stressed but in the shower. I just want to stay there forever- or, until the stress goes away :) Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my last night was like that. Isn't it funny how sometimes these things sneak up on you? Anyway, so glad i;s a new day. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know exactly how this feels.

    but a hot shower after that foggy snow does sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I know exactly what you mean! Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?