Tuesday, January 11, 2011

trees fall

On this rare morning home from work (stuck with tissues constantly at my nose and a sore head from so much congestion), I sit and listen to the sounds that go on when no one is usually here to witness them.

Next door, the neighbors are taking down trees, tired of living in a virtual forest, I guess (we're out in the backwoods of the state). And yet, as I hear the chainsaws crying before echoing thuds of the enormous trunks coming down, I can't help but feel sad.

The earth shudders as they hit the ground, and it feels a shame.

(Perhaps this video posted by Carmella is too fresh in my mind...)


Growing is Forever from Jesse Rosten on Vimeo.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! Feel better, ASAP.

    It is a shame, I think, to cut down big trees. I would give anything to live in a virtual forest. Then again, I'm a city child. The grass is always greener?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute video!

    Hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is sad, isn't it? i'm not sure if i'd be able to cut down a tree, an old tree especially...
    that video never gets old!

    feel better soon! lot's of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's sad :(
    I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ruth--- that video has given me chills and tears! so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?