Monday, May 24, 2010

this is exactly what my life looks like right now

With the map of Africa and everything.



Nojustkidding. Completely and utterly.

Rather, if that suitcase was taken overhead and opened and all its contents were shaken out and strewn about and then shook just a little more for extra messiness and good measure and maybe even stomped on a bit, my life would be better exemplified.



I try to laugh, to make the mess not seem so messy, to make it seem like I could pick it all up and put it back into the suitcase neatly and properly and easily--and sometimes the laughing works, but usually it just bounces around dully in my head, failing to take up the space of the other thoughts I wish it would.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes, very weird. It's just a random weheartit picture...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth! I have the same suitcase!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you just have to be real. I have come to realize that I laugh when I'm happy. I cry when I'm sad. I scream into a pillow when i'm angry. Its so much more freeing!

    :) hugs this Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you're talking about my life right now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, don't be disheartened. We all have our messes! Just keep smiling, you know what they say.... Laughter is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope things look up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?