Tuesday, August 3, 2010

a dapple of my weekend

I just realized I haven't posted since last Wednesday. As hard as I try to keep up with this blog, sometimes I just can't post daily (who are we kidding here--I can't even post more often than three times a week lately). Especially in these last few weeks, I've hardly had a spare minute to remember to brush my teeth or make my bed or do laundry. And sometimes, the words just aren't there.

But thankfully, this last weekend slowed down just enough for me to stop and look around before it all slips away again.

It began with my very last day of work, followed by an immediate retreat to Vermont for a girls' weekend with sisters and moms and aunts and cousins.


on our wayin newfaneperusing the libraryfarmers' marketthe riverfreakyvermont tabledirt-road meadowsparklersberries, five crowns

There was lots of playing Five Crowns, waking up early and reading outside with coffee, eating English muffins and Spanish tortilla, swimming in the river under the green metal bridge, roasting s'mores, playing with sparklers, and perusing old library art shows.

After Vermont, Rachel and I drove down through New England to the Lilith Fair, where we met up with Steph and had a ball.

tailgatin'steph, rachel, ruthmissy higginsthe meadowsdust and watermelon

Not only did we see Missy Higgins and Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Barielles and Cat Power, but we tailgated behind our cars in lawn chairs and dust, drinking beers and eating watermelon, making new friends and connections, too (which may be featured here soon!).

All in all, it was a pretty quintessential summer weekend.

Now, moving on with August.....

6 comments:

  1. .... i want to move to vermont. no lies.
    and I understand about the daily posting. i have slowed down in the past two weeks and i have to admit i really, really love not posting as much. i feel that already my posts are so much better, now that i don't have to rack my brain trying to come up with a subject...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I'm envious of all the great people you got to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! I'm so jealous you got to see Ingrid Michaelson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again you have some lovely pictures. I adore these posts. We missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome is that!? I wish I could see all those fantastic ladies! jeaaalouuuss...

    ReplyDelete
  6. jealous here too! We love to see them all...

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?