Tuesday, August 31, 2010

summer round up

So, it's September 1st.

End of August. End of The August Break. End of summer.

Beginning of fall. Beginning of a new year. Beginning of the rest.


I feel like August was one big breath, one big inhale that opened my lungs and was followed by an exhaustive sigh that pushed all the bad air out and made room in my chest for fresh air to enter.

So now I have space. I'm ready for September to be full of fresh air. Lots and lots of fresh air. And October and November, too.



A round up of summer, so as not to forget:


I traveled up and down the East Coast.

dc pool
{In Washington, DC, swimming in Rachel's rooftop pool}

north carolina
{In North Carolina, relaxing on the beach}

vermont
{In Vermont, alongside rivers}

ct camping
{In Connecticut, camping in the hills}

maine coast
{In Maine, enjoying the coast}


I watched the many fields of corn grow:

corn


I reveled in visits from faraway cousins:

cousins


I got reacquainted with my yoga mat:

yoga mat

I snapped up photos of the afternoon sun in a rare moment of solitude:

afternoon lightlight photography

I participated in the great summer happening of getting Mary's ears pierced:

new ears


I saw a fantastic concert:

concert


I hung out by a lake and swam with fishies:

lake swimming


I broke out my sewing machine and made some new projects:

sewing projects


I read lots of good books and drank lots of good wine:

julia child


I (feel like I) spent a whole lot of time driving around in my car:

driving


I picked raspberries (and tomatoes and green beans and lots of other produce, too):

raspberries


I was visited by sisters at graduation parties:

visiting sisters


I celebrated birthdays:

birthdays


And, apparently, I discovered an obsession for taking pictures of my food:

food!



Ah, summer. I was never such a fan of your heat and bathing suits and bugs. But I'll miss you.


What does your summer round up look like?

8 comments:

  1. What a great summer! Here's to a great autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ever so jealous of you visiting all the states I'm thinking about moving to. Lucky duck.
    And I got your email, but then I got slammed - I'll be responding today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you needed a break - you did a lot of traveling!!! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. elegantly depicted...beautifully worded...an awesome read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did travel the coast. It sounds like a great summer. Here's to a great fall too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ruth!
    what an amazing summer you had - i wish mine was that eventful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, super fun. Love your food pics too, great collage.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?