Thursday, August 5, 2010

eating with intent

I just sat down with my toast and cheese and tomato, and as I munched I checked emails and read blogs and perused Google maps.

Before I knew it, I looked down and my toast was gone. Both pieces.

Perhaps I should be paying more attention to what I consume and put into my body. I hardly even remember what that toast tasted like.

I want to really savor my foods, to breathe in their aromas and chew them slowly and feel them in my stomach. You know, instead of inhaling them while I do five other things.


Or, I could just take a nap.

sleepy stellababy blanche

6 comments:

  1. How appropriate (or inappropriate?) is it that I read this while eating my lunch?

    A nap sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh the life of a kitty cat!

    I like how you said you want to eat slow & enjoy your food-- it's an art worth practicing!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this feeling all too well. I've made a point of trying to change it.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?