Sunday, October 3, 2010

a dapple of my weekend

I tried to relax this weekend, I really did. But working at 4am again on Saturday and then dreading working at 4am again tomorrow kind of tainted my Sunday.

And now it's Sunday night. And I really thought I was heading in the right direction with this new job, I really did, but now it's become my life and I have no time and I have to go to bed at 8pm every night and all I think about when I'm not working is when I have to go back.

Isn't that strange, how things that seem so right end up feeling so wrong? I'm trying to decide if it's just the insane amount of hours I've been working (which I did not ask for and am trying to correct) or if I actually don't enjoy this.

Getting outside on Saturday afternoon and snapping up photos of the abundant sunshine brightened my mood, though.

wall, stones

This peeling wall and cascade of stones in the shade seemed so out of place amidst the red leaves and bright light.

in the windowthe stella-twin

I never knew my neighbors had a cat that looked just like Stella--I did a double take.

woods walksunshinesunshine, rockleaf in the sunthe woodsleaves, shed, sun


Please! Tell me about your fabulous goings-on so I can live vicariously through you guys! And then hopefully soon my life will go back to normal and I can catch back up.

Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures and it sure looks like fall where you are and I love it! Unfortunately, in sunny CA it is hot and very not fall-like...I want some crisp, sweater wearing weather! :)

    "Isn't that strange, how things that seem so right end up feeling so wrong?" So very, very true sometimes...I hope it all works out and that your 4AM goes smoothly!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth! I always love love love your photos, you have such an artistic eye. I'mglad you got some time outside with your camera. Getting up at 4am is bound to make anyone feel loopy and dread work and feel like they made the wrong choice. I have a feeling it's the too many hours added to getting used to the new schedule. Hang in there, it could still be so right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does seem like an intense schedule. Sometimes, the anticipation of something is almost as bad as the event! My weekend was not much to brag about either but I am enjoying this cooler weather here in the south east.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dapples - this weekend was full of reading for me. I finished an 825 page book that I'd been reading for what felt like for-evvva and I now feel like I conquered the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These woodsy photos are amazing. Gorgeous.

    I'm sorry your weekend wasn't up to par- maybe next time. I agree with Bethany- I bet once the adjustment period is over and they've cut back on your hours some, things will start to look a lot brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos!
    I had a summer job last year with a crazy schedule like yours.A schedule like this is not good for your body, soul and peace.
    It is okay to make decisions which turn out not right (I think you can't make wrong decisions!)

    You can achieve everything you want! Don't feel terribly guilty because you don't like your job and don't waste all of your positive energy. Take your energy to find something you like. I really think you are a talented photographer :)

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?