Sunday, February 13, 2011

a dapple of my weekend

afternoon winter lightthe millsfebruary afternoonnight sleddingheart garland and its pretty shadowsblanche and stellablanche'things that make me feel good' journal

Don't get me wrong--staying in and refusing plans and drinking wine and watching movies makes for a pretty good weekend.

Only, I forgot about how too much free time can cause me to get lost in my own thoughts, to seemingly shrink away and hole up and not see past the next hour.

I practiced shifting things just the tiniest bit, to feel just an ounce more goodness in those moments. I went out for a photographing jaunt around town, I perused Valentines goodies at the store with Lauren, I baked cupcakes.

Anything, anything, to just not get stuck. It's growth, I keep telling myself, however slow it comes.

3 comments:

  1. You take such wonderful photographs. I especially love the fourth photo; the light coming through the window... :)

    What a lovely weekend. I love how you tried to "feel just an ounce more goodness in those moments." I'm going to try to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found myself in a similar state. Staying in but not really. I think that is beautiful because it helps me deal with my restlessness.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?