Wednesday, February 2, 2011

more snow days

Around here, where there's been a snowstorm about every four days, you're bound to hear the complaining. The people who hate snow and bemoan the storms. Don't get me wrong, we have about four feet of snow accumulated and I'm getting tired of having nowhere left to shovel the snow to, but I really love the snow. I don't think I could live here if I didn't (and I don't know how some people do).

Today was my third (or was it fourth?) snow day off from work. I'm not complaining. Coworkers gripe about being stuck in the house and running out of things to do and missing the hours from their paychecks, but I'll take a snow day anyway. Heck, give me the rest of the week off.  (Okay, I might just miss the larger paychecks too...)

Today I woke up way late, ate waffles in my pajamas, did some computer work, drank tea and listened to She&Him (they always sound good to me on snow days), ran some errands, and made some Valentine's decor. How can people get sick of these days?

strawberry rhubarb preserveswaffles + preservesflittering birdieslate christmas lights + iciclesbusy bird feedermary's biography postersnowy roadssnowy sunsetheart garlands in the making

Please share--what's the weather like in your part of the world? As much as I love the snow, lately I've been dreaming about spring jackets and pretty flats....

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you Ruth. I took a snow day (unpaid) but worked on freelance work all day - still, it was nice to be able to get up every hour or two and pet the dog, warm my hands in front of the stove...I don't often find myself with nothing to do, snowy or not!
    Love those hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth,

    I am in sunny Tucson, Az...and I DESPERATELY miss that weather. It has been cold here the past 2 days, but its a bone chilling cold, with crazy bright sun. There is snow on the mountains surrounding the city once in a while...it's a terrible tease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of all your snow! We keep getting teased by snowstorms, and then get nothing. Yesterday it was a balmy 55 degrees, and I went on an (unsuccessful) quest for frozen yogurt. But February is for snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i could get a snow day... tea, she&him and waffles? perfect morning!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?