Wednesday, February 23, 2011

the weather.

my Self

I am not the weather.

I am my Self, standing on the Earth.

The weather is up there, but I am down here. I am merely existing amidst the weather.

The weather is story after story I tell myself, physical stories and energetic stories, stories that I become part of and believe, however false they may be. It can be difficult to get separate from these stories, and stand apart and bear witness to them.

The weather can seem so real.


But I am not the weather.

I am my Self, standing on the Earth.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written...love it!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such true sentiments, Ruth....I've often felt that way standing amidst something greater than myself. You can get lost in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this. it's a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?