Sunday, February 20, 2011

a dapple of my weekend

tulips burstingmartini timecarrot cake cookies!thriftingwinter walksunday breakfastsnowy mountainswinter lightbundled upan invitationsewing project in progressa canopy of lights and hearts

This weekend was one of the most satisfying weekends that I can remember. And it was a very personally challenging weekend, at that. I spent the majority of it alone, on my own, in solitude. I'm grateful that I was able to savor the sweet moments and get through it, alive and well. (I tried my hardest to muster the courage to face the weekend, and I'm shocked and proud that I got through it as well as I did.)

Photos from my weekend:
1. My pale pink Valentine's tulips, now fully open.
2. Celebrating Lauren's birthday with a special dinner out (after an hour and a half wait, no less).
3. Carrot cake cookies, baked on a Saturday afternoon.
4. Thrifting for goodies, a bit unsuccessfully (next time we'll be more prepared).
5. One of two walks in the woods this weekend, now that the almost-three feet of snow is frozen and hard enough to walk on top of.
6. Homemade granola with blueberries, for breakfast.
7. An impromptu stop on the side of the road, to see the mountains.
8. The gorgeous sunny woods by the pond, visited for the first time in months (finally).
9. A little self-portrait, in the window.
10. Freshly-made beds always look so much more inviting, don't they?
11. A sewing project mid-way done (I'll share more soon!)
12. A canopy of twinkling lights and felt hearts, above my bed.


Hoping your weekends were lovely as well, happy week :)

2 comments:

  1. Yum, carrot cake cookies! :) Also, I adore your pink hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think your weekend sounds wonderful!
    walks through woods, mountain views, ponds... siiighh

    p.s. i think i'm going to have to string twinkle lights around my bed now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?