Tuesday, November 17, 2009

award time.

The adorable Wendy of Red Boots has tagged me with this award:



An award? Me? I'm blushing. Thanks, Wendy. Apparently I'm supposed to post ten random facts about myself, so here goes:

1.
I always use children’s toothpaste—I really can’t stand the grown-up, super-minty kind.

2.
Some day I will have my own brand name. Handbags, headbands, skirts—you name it, I’ll make it. I’ve already made a few labels . . . . .

3.
I’ll also have a coffe-shop-by-day, wine-bar-by-night. Oh, and a hair salon, and a daycare, and a nonprofit organization, too.

4.
I plan, think, organize, obsess, analyze and dwell on things way too much.

5.
When I was little, my mom once had to ground me off reading because I would never do anything I was supposed to be doing. I suppose that’s not the worst you could expect in a kid, right?

6.
I like to experiment with my hair. I get bored with it extremely easily, every few months or so. One time I tried to dye it a deep brown/auburn color (with a box from the pharmacy, of course), and it came out purpleish/black. I had to convince everyone I hadn’t become goth, but that it was just a dye job gone bad. I think I actually wore a hat for days.

7.
I have never broken a bone, had a cavity, or been stung by a bee. Ever.

8.
I once took a semester of Arabic, in the hopes of getting a minor in African Studies. I graduated with a minor in International Studies instead, and never learned another ounce of Arabic. I did get the alphabet down pretty good, though. And now know how to say “God willing” if I ever travel to a Middle Eastern country.
9.
I’ve never been west of the state of Pennsylvania (in the United States, that is). One can only take so much of New England before they acquire a case of wanderlust.

10.
I adore sweet bloggers who give other bloggers nice awards. I knew there was a good reason why I like blogging . . . . .


With that, I now tag Jana of The Art Process with the Sugar Doll Award because, you know, she's a Sugar Doll. (I feel like I should be all glammed up and on a red carpet, no? There should totally a bloggers award show. Like the Oscars, but so much better.)


3 comments:

  1. Yay - what great answers! I am very jealous that you have never broken a bone or been stung by a bee.

    I hope one day your Arabic will come in useful! I studied German - the only phrase I can remember is "Where is the vacuum cleaner" - very useful!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! I remember when you died your hair purple lol

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?