Sunday, November 29, 2009

the thanksgiving that wasn't.

Okay, that's a lie. Thanksgiving happened. But really, I just wanted to skip right to Christmas and forget about turkey and stuffing altogether. I was so un-into it on Thanksgiving Day that I hardly even took any pictures. I may have even listened to Christmas music before Thanksgiving.

I did start a new tradition though: yoga on Thanksgiving morning. It was "Will Teach Yoga For Food" at 9am, so while everyone else in my family hyped up for the Manchester Road Race or began preparing food, I filled a grocery bag with nonperishable foods and headed up to the yoga studio. It was great fun. Having a super-perky, all-smiles yoga teacher welcome you on a sunny Thanksgiving morning was just what I needed.







***Note: this is not to say I did not enjoy spending time with relatives all afternoon Thursday. I did, really. But my head was just kind of strewn with lights and garlands and ornaments, instead of turkeys and pilgrims and parade floats.


Therefore:




We celebrated Black Friday (maybe more than Thanksgiving . . . . sshhhhhh).

Yay for Christmas season!


1 comment:

  1. Oh you're so funny. Love the yoga tradition and the will teach yoga for food, what a sweet idea. Your pics are great and just right, even if you wern't into it, you still captured the day. Onward, fa la la.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?