Monday, March 7, 2011

homemade peanut butter cups.

This weekend, my premenstrual side won. And I decided to let it have full reign.

In the form of homemade peanut butter cups, no less.

And let me tell you: it won't matter where you are in your cycle--you'll die for these. I can't remember where I ever saw the inspiration and recipe for these, but I followed a rough guideline in my head and they turned out deliciously.

Here's my recipe (do it, now, really):

Melt half a 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler until all the chips are melted. (I'm sure you could use milk or dark chocolate here instead, but I didn't want mine too sweet.) Spoon into muffin tin liners and spread the chocolate up the sides a bit. Let chill in the fridge until hard.

peanut butter cups: chilled chocolate cupspeanut butter cups: chilled chocolate cups

Mix together roughly 1 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar till well blended. Spoon into your chilled chocolate cups.

peanut butter cups: peanut butter added

Melt the other half of your 12 ounce bag of chips and cover your peanut butter filled cups.

peanut butter cups: covered

Chill in the fridge again till hardened. Peel away the paper liners and be amazed at how lovely they look.

peanut butter cups: finished product

Seriously, it's that easy. You might even have all the ingredients on hand already.

Sadly, mine were gone by the next day. I think another batch will be in order soon...


Now go make these! And come back and tell us all about them :)

Happy Monday!

10 comments:

  1. These have been on my mind lately......I'll have to finally make them! Looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy...well done!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious! im making these asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, my favorite culinary combo -- chocolate and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG-- s excited to try these. Brilliant! XO
    www.aucourantcolumbia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am making these....right....now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am DEFINITELY, 100%, for SURE going to make these! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?