Monday, March 14, 2011

on its way

cloudy march skyfallen treesheart!reflectionsmurky waters and skunk cabbagesmysterious tracksmini waterfallssurprise geeseover the pond

I went out into the woods on Saturday, able to walk the familiar paths without the hindrance of three feet of snow for the first time in months. The sight of brown ground seemed absolutely absurd, and glorious.

I went out for breath, for spirit, for rejuvenation, for inspiration. If there's one thing I've learned from the past three months of record snowfall in New England history (and subsequent cabin fever), it's that I need the outdoors. My soul literally requires the fresh air and the enormous trees and the existence among other natural beings. I have no problem doing this in cold weather, but three feet of snow makes just walking to the edge of the field an arduous task.

I'm so happy the snow is finally melting and the temperature is slowly climbing upwards.

Spring, you're welcome here. Come on your way.

4 comments:

  1. Amen. Spring is more than welcome 'round these parts, too.
    Your pictures are a breath of fresh air in this city girl's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Abbie. Such sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ruth. Perfect spring images, love the geese esp, dog paw in mud and skink cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these photos are beautiful!!
    i wish more than anything that i had a space like this to walk through on a daily basis... so good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?