Thursday, February 18, 2010

if you never did, you should.....

.....go on a wine tour!

For Jodi's "If You Never Did" Photo Contest, I decided to look back on my time in South Africa and hunt out a good experience.

Therefore, it was not an easy choice.

While I climbed Table Mountain and went on safari and swam in the Indian Ocean, I think going on a wine tour is something a little more versatile, that someone could do in a country closer-by, maybe. Obviously, something everyone should try.
I still think about that experience everytime I drink a glass of wine. Learning about the way the grapes are grown and all the vineyard terms, how to properly drink the wine and even what cheese goes best with which--it all comes back. The quiet rows of grapes, the bright blue skies, the ancient buildings housing the hundreds of bottles.....I wish I could be back there right now.



How To Enjoy A Wine Tour, No Matter The Country:

  • Wear comfy clothes.
  • Be prepared to drink. Apparently you can spit it out after tasting, but I say what's the fun in that? And maybe they'll even give some tasty cheese, too.
  • Go with company you enjoy. Taking silly pictures next to enormous barrels of years-old wine just isn't the same with strangers, I don't think.
  • Bring a camera. Looking back on my old photos still brings an amazing, calm, stillness to the air, no matter how hectic and crazed I feel.
  • Remember your wines! I wish I had paid more attention to which ones I tried and which ones I liked or didn't.

Thanks Jodi, for starting this! Here are a few more photos, just for fun.








3 comments:

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?