Monday, September 21, 2009

don't ask me to do math in the morning.

Or anytime, really.

me: oh i have a question for you
will you crunch some numbers for me? im too stupid
Rachel: sure
and you're not
me: i need to figure out how much i spend on gas driving to work every week
i drive 280 miles/wk, get about 28 mi/gallon, have a 13 gallon tank, and gas is about 2.60/gallon
i dont even know if i need all that info, but i have no idea how to figure it out
ha
Rachel: really ruth?
Sent at 11:33 AM on Monday
me: um yes
hey i have a headache!!
i cant think straight
Rachel: so if you drive 280 mi/week and your car gets 28 mi/gallon, then you use 10 gallons of gas a week
me: if i really tried, i could, but you can do it a lot faster than me
Rachel: and if gas is 2.60/gallon, then you spend $26/week on gas
me: oh
ha
haha im laughing right now
Rachel: why do you need to know this?
me: so i can make myself a budget!
Rachel: ohh got it!
me: haha thank you
Rachel: you're welcome

Via gchat, on a Monday morning. Ack.

3 comments:

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?