Sunday, January 10, 2010

a dapple of my weekend.










This weekend was so highly anticipated, don't you think? Going back to work after the holidays was excruciating--I wanted nothing more than to go back home and wallow underneath the Christmas tree eating leftover cookies and listening to The Carpenters on repeat. Alas, the real world beckons. Christmas isn't forever.

I welcomed Friday afternoon with open arms (even getting out early!) and savored every second of it. I went to the gym (how do you like them apples, new year's resolutions?), read my
book, painted my nails with Lauren, drank wine with my mom, and baked up some very unhealthy munchies (um, sorry, new year's resolutions). Saturday was spent CLEANING like crazy, going to the gym (again), crocheting, and seeing a movie (Youth in Revolt? Skip it). Mostly, I was just happy to be able to lounge around in my newly-arranged room.


Sunday, I went with my newly-engaged friends to a bridal expo (you know, the maid of honor has to bring the moral support). This was a completely new experience for me--I mean, I know I'm single, but being surrounded by hundreds of brides- and grooms-to-be really cemented that for me. I almost moved one of my rings over to my left ring finger to feel a part of all the fun. But hey--I can embrace my singledom, right? Take that, happily engaged couples of western Massachusetts.


Okay, that's enough of my bitter single-girl rant.


How was your weekend?


3 comments:

  1. "Newly engaged couples of Western MA" - does that really make you bitter? Please come join me in the single life in the city - it's so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, lovely photos ruth.
    the cat ones especially.
    well no, i loved them all.
    great tea pot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that word. Dapple. Good one.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?