Monday, January 4, 2010

inner grace.

she has a face of light
and is the calm within the depth of any storm.
gentle stranger, earth angel
without ego or expectation
only dreams and hopes for those she loves,
and she loves many . . .
but many more love and adore her.
when our hope is lost, it is her smile,
her indifference to all fear and chaos
that opens each of us to the greatest love of all.
her love and legacy teaches us only
what we should give, not what we can take.
her inner grace is our light in the dark,
her flame is eternal.


Okay, so maybe this just came from a little purple bottle of shower gel
that my mom bought me for a stocking stuffer
that Santa lovingly handmade,


but I think it's sweet,
although full of silly cliches.


Maybe if I keep using it I'll attain some inner grace.
Lord knows I could use me some.


2 comments:

  1. What we all strive for...

    Happy New Year Ruth! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...That was Santa Dad on that gift. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?