Sunday, November 14, 2010

a dapple of my weekend

christmas lights hungchristmas lights in novembermorning mugcroissants on a sundayup the treeraking raking rakingsleepy kitties

Perhaps the most important thing I did this weekend: string Christmas lights around my bedroom. Since they're white, they don't technically have to be Christmas decorations, right?

Perhaps the most boring thing I did this weekend: rake leaves. As a kid, I always hated it. And you know what? I still hate it. I lasted half an hour.

Perhaps the most exciting thing I did this weekend: went shopping. Leisurely. I wanted my weekend to be plenty quiet, and it sure was. Long shopping trips were the most exhausting thing I did all weekend. Perfect.


I thought some about blogging this weekend, too. Lately, I just can't think of the words to write or even the sentiments I want to evoke and just end up completely frustrated and hating the posts I do put up. I thought it was just a mood and I'd get over it, but I can't shake it. Sometimes, I think maybe I just need a blogging break.

Do you ever feel the same?

9 comments:

  1. they don't have to be christmas decorations at all! i have white lights strung around my bed frame all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm in love with your christmas lights going up! i cannot wait to put mine out!
    don't worry about blogging! Just blog when you get an idea! Blogging isn't supposed to be a chore hun! It's something you do for enjoyment, if you aren't finding it enjoying, relax and let the blogs fall as they will

    ReplyDelete
  3. white lights are acceptable all year long in my book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos! They make me feel all wintery and cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you guys enjoy these photos! I'm hoping there's lots more wintery ones to come...

    ReplyDelete
  6. all the time. aalll the time.
    right now. i feel like i have nothing interesting to say, or i'll get ready to post something, but i'm afraid it's going to come off to serious or airy fairy or just plain weird...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went through a funk throughout all of october, and the beginning of november - I hated everything that I wrote! I finally am coming through, however, and feel worthy of putting words to paper/internet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful photos you have taken! i know that feeling of not having the right words to write...I just closed two posts in draft because they just didn't want to come, not yet.

    Take care, cbm

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?