Tuesday, April 6, 2010

dear universe

Dear Universe,

I would like to claim some happiness.
I am attracting it to myself, and you will kindly send it my way.
I am laying my stakes and not leaving until it's mine.
I am claiming it as my own.
Somewhere out there, you must find my portion.
Wherever that happiness is, you know my address.

I would also like to claim some money.
I am sure you have many demands for money, but I'm demanding some, too.
I am laying my claim to some good old financial aid.
Preferably not in the form of loans, please.
Scholarships and fellowships will do.
(You know graduate school is not an option without it, right?)
I am attracting it in.
And it will come to me.

I am also attracting
confidence,
beauty,
hope,
self-respect,
good temperament,
optimism,
kindness,
pleasantness,
not-feeling-sorry-for-myself-ness,
and a man.

I am claiming them from you, Universe.

And you will give them to me.



With zeal and determination,

4 comments:

  1. i was in a poem-y mood today too! -- although i can't write. :) borrowed from keats.

    I'm giving away a vintage ring I think you might like!

    www.wild-and-precious.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ruth. This post is fantastic. I know precisely how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These words seem to be taken from my brain. I hope the universe sent you all that you demanded!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?