Friday, April 23, 2010

fridays

horses in the fields

For some reason, I usually don't have any big plans on Friday evenings. I get out of work a little early, stop at the gym on the way home, and then have some time to myself at home with dinner and a glass of wine while parents and sisters are out at softball practices and meetings.

Sometimes I feel nerdy that I'd rather stay home late at night and drink wine with my mom in yoga pants and watch terrible television and catch up on crocheting and reading rather than make plans and go out and be tired/hungover the next morning.

But you know what?

I kinda like it.


4 comments:

  1. MEEEE too. For sure. My Fridays are usually lackluster (as my BF and i tend to work Saturdays, anyway). But my Saturdays are also lackluster. I don't really go out at all anymore. And I quite like it, but then get stuck in dilemmas of pissing off my only girlfriend here in Chicago (who likes to go out alll the time), and my boyfriend (who doesn't go out much, either, but when he does it's a very late night, lots of people and lots of bars type thing). If I make it out once a week, I consider myself trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm much the same. Last year, I had a routine that involved Hawaiian takeout (which is quite difficult to find in Massachusetts, but is all over the place in California), my living room, and Grey's Anatomy on Hulu. I always missed my little routine whenever I actually had Friday night plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you guys, I'm SO glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?