Monday, September 27, 2010

a dapple of my weekend

So, apparently things don't always go as planned. I didn't get Indian takeout, or beer. I stayed too late at the fabric store and missed the entire podcast. I realized I finished my last Mary Oliver collection and didn't have a new one to read. And I got babysitting-ditched (a blessing in disguise?).

On the other hand, I still managed to have a pretty satisfying weekend:

hydrangea in the sun

I got outside while it was sunny and close to 90 degrees and snapped some pictures of the dying summer beauty.

Align Centerher hit!

I heaved myself out of bed early (or, well, let's say not late) Saturday morning and watched Mary's softball game. (And got a hair-part sunburn!)

banana soft serve

I made the most genius soft serve ever. (Seriously, go try it. Right now.)

we needed red lips

When some Saturday afternoon crabbiness started getting to us, we marched into the bathroom and put on some bright red lipstick to perk us up.

silly kitty

I (of course) took too many pictures of our silly cats.

ginger-tofu soba dinner

Since it was just me and my mom and my sister all weekend, I cooked a tofu stir fry and we ate a "girls' dinner" outside, before it got too chilly.

the night treelinewine glass reflectionsan acorn

We took a long walk in the woods to breathe in that newly-autumn air.

white petalsleaves falling everywhere!

We watched sadly as too many leaves began to fall, incredulous that so many had already hit the ground.


Also, not pictured: crocheting a few more rows of the blanket I'm working on (slowly but surely), doing silly yoga poses on a blanket on an empty football field under the harvest moon, baking flax bread and cooking lentil dhal and roasting beets (my new favorite food), going to a detox yoga/whole foods cleanse workshop Sunday afternoon, and catching up on the few bad (but oh-so-addictive) TV shows I've been missing.

I hope your weekends were great, too!


3 comments:

  1. i'm going to consider moving to new england, if only for the leaves...

    and i've always wanted to try that banana ice cream, but haven't... i think i will now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Carmella, you must! (That is, try the ice cream AND move to New England!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a lovely ice cream and the "girl" food looks yummy

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?