Friday, September 17, 2010

friday

stella

It's a dark, rainy morning here in Connecticut, and of course, it's my one morning off this week. My eyes don't seem entirely open and my brain seems steeped in fog and mist, and I'd love to snuggle back into bed.

Instead, I'll go shopping. (My new job requires strict adherence to their dress code, and I own nothing I'll need to be wearing every day.)


This damp morning won't stop me from getting excited for this weekend, though. Our town's annual fair officially starts tomorrow morning with a parade through town. And then there's the cotton candy and silly rides and exhibit halls (fingers crossed for my blue ribbons) and the overwhelming nostalgia of it all. I'm going to try to remember to take lots of pictures.

I think soon I'll be needing a weekend filled with absolute nothing-ness. What are your weekend plans?


(This photo of Stella has nothing to do with Fridays at all. But it's cute, no?)

3 comments:

  1. Going to the Big E Fair and stuffing my face full of funnel cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the annual fair...those always make for a great time! Enjoy!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?