Wednesday, September 8, 2010

just enough time

dead plants

This fall, there will be just enough time to:

::finish crocheting a blanket I started almost a year ago for this girl

::take lots of pictures of autumn sunshine (it's always more orangey, don't you think?)

::drink an absurd amount of pumpkin spice lattes (I had my first one of the season yesterday!)

pumpkin spice

::watch way less TV/fewer movies

::rake leaves and then play in them

::get down to work cooking with seasonal produce

::do yoga in the grass

::celebrate lots of birthdays with lots of cake

::start making (all of my) Christmas presents

::go to the Four Town Fair (and win first place for all my photographs!)

::watch When Harry Met Sally and other fall-ish movies (ignore previous point, I guess)

::go apple picking for hours

::and maybe, just maybe, start my own Etsy shop? (Eep! That's scary to say!)

tomato-carrot soup, flax bread

9 comments:

  1. Ohh, these are very good goals. Concerning the first one: bravo! I started one for a friend about 4 years ago when she got married. Then she had a baby, and I decided to finish it up for the little one. That little one is now 1 1/2 and it's still not done. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate that? But it's the thought that counts....and at least we tried....right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, loving all of the autumn things! Particularly your mention of pumpkin spice and apple picking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to all of these! I went apple picking Sunday and it was fabulous! Oooh, and an Etsy shop? More details please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the goals and think I must write my own!

    How wonderful that you are making all your Christmas gifts...that is lovely!

    Also loving the pumpkin spice latte...I have to pick one of those up soon...I'm so ready for fall!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH!!! YOu're doing a home made christmas? Me too! i'm excited!!

    You should definitely open up an etsy shop!!! It's soo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that you are going to make all your christmas presents!
    ooh and i can't wait for the seasonal produce, just went to the farmers market today and they had the first tiny batch of apples! uh, i love fall!!

    {and you should definitely start that shop, ruth!!!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, thanks for your comment on my guest post over at Oh My Darling. I have been exploring your little blog here and its quite lovely. Consider me your new follower! Do you still live in CT?

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?