Monday, October 19, 2009

the swell season.


Remember the movie Once? The mesmerizing Irish indie film released in 2006? If you haven't seen it, you must. The film is so heartwarming, and the music is astonishing. I could listen to it all day, over and over. "Falling Slowly" is probably one of my favorite songs. Ever.

The main characters, played by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, are actually a couple in real life (!) and have formed a group together called The Swell Season.

Their new album comes out October 27th--I think I need to preorder it.







(Photo via The Swell Season)

4 comments:

  1. I loved Once. So beautiful. I loved the fact it was all about the music. Such gorgeous songs, and such a sweet couple. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once was amazing! one of my favorites!

    ANd I love the swell season!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw The Swell Season in concert and it was fantastic. I'm really looking forward to their new album.

    ReplyDelete

Have I ever told you how much I love your comments?